India is a country which still thrives on agriculture as its mainstay of revenue. Though over the years, India has been making huge progress in the fields of various industries that are bolstering the economy of the country.
In all these cases, the nation and all its different regions which abound in agricultural reserves as well as varied forms of industries- each serving a different purpose and enabling in their own way to build the development of the nation should contain spaces or storage facilities that enhance the functions of these prime sectors.
Warehouses are generally described as storage facilities for manufacturing units to those which act as a reserve for storing different types of goods and also aid in their mobility across the warehouse. The final aim of the warehouse is the despatch and shipment of the stored goods to their requisite destination.
Warehouses are usually put to use for the storage of an array of goods. These range from :
- Raw materials
- Packing materials
- Spare parts
- Components of bigger machines
- Finished products
- Sophisticated instruments
- Health supplies
- Other miscellaneous products related to agriculture, manufacturing, and production.
Temperature controlled warehouses: the future of warehousing :
There are certain warehouses or storage spaces where the items/products/goods to be stored are perishable. They will decay and rot and will not be worth their designated use if not maintained at a proper temperature and humidity condition in the spaces where they are stored: namely, the warehouses. For example, sophisticated instruments, medical supplies, food and beverage items and even pharmaceuticals.
Hence the temperature in these warehouses should be attentively controlled and moderated.
The sanctity of the warehouses in terms of humidity and temperature should be maintained as variations in these parameters might cause disastrous consequences. Namely :
- Medicines might become ineffective due to adverse temperature conditions
- Vital medical equipment might collapse
- Sophisticated instruments for gauging and measuring might exhibit erratic readings due to temperature and humidity variations
- Alter the composition of foods and beverages due to fluctuations in temperature and humidity and not only render them unfit for consumption but might also make them toxic. This might happen due to the chemical alteration of the consumables if their proper storage conditions are not well met. Hence these might be rendered inedible.
This would cause a major loss in the business of all these organizations in concern as well as a loss in functionality of the warehouses that are employed to maintain these stored products.
- The Indian scenario of temperature-controlled warehousing :
India is a developing nation concentrating on various forms of industries that range from:
edibles, food, beverages, agricultural products to raw materials, spare parts as well as finished products , components of bigger machines as well as the assembly of the constituent parts of those machineries, health supplies, and sophisticated, sensitive machinery.
Therefore it is deemed as a country which at the moment requires a huge amount of warehouses specializing in the storage, retrieval, maintenance and shipment of various products they are experts in. The country is also in huge demand of modernized technological services that power these warehouses and make them an indispensable entity in all of the advanced warehousing options.
Services provided by temperature-controlled warehousing :
- Stock rotation
- Warehousing of entire packages by deploying pick-up operations and also repackaging
- Average internal temperature is maintained between +2℃ and +8℃
- Microprocessor digital temperature control is present for continuous monitoring
- Forced air cooling can be utilized for maintaining a consistent temperature and occasional recovery from temperature rise
- Temperature deviation signaling is present which denotes any fluctuation or divergence from normal through the use of audio and video alarms
- Refrigeration and insulation systems are free from CFCs so that no negative environmental impact might be felt.
- The warehouses are equipped with a variety of temperature controlled ranges and provide options for cross-docking, short-term storage, longer-term storage, and full order fulfillment services.
Therefore temperature-controlled warehousing is the ultimate option to stockpiling highly temperature and humidity sensitive instruments, edibles, consumables, and medical supplies which will be the precursor for a safer, secure and optimized the environment for humanity and the Indian economy at large; increasing its productivity and also the financial bottom line.